This recipe is from Lula’s friend Jamie from Vermont. She sent Lula these for her birthday after we discovered the magic of pumpkin and that Lula LOVES pumpkin and will plow over absolutely anything and everything to get to it!!!!
Jamie’s Pumpkin and Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits
4 cups of white flour
3 1/2 cups of whole oats
4 XL eggs
1 can of 100% pure Pumpkin
3/4 cup of Peanut Butter
1/3 cup of Honey
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Salt
Also need parchment or nonstick foil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Blend all ingredients – Pumpkin, eggs, peanut butter, salt, and cinnamon. Add all of the oats, blend with a dough hook on mixer (if you have one) or by hand, gradually add the flour 1 cup at a time until blended.
3. Split the dough into two dough balls, chill in refigerator for 1/2 hour or so.
4. Roll onto floured surface – flour makes it easy to handle – roll into about 1/2thick, cut with cookie cutters or with a knife – dip cutters into flour also.
5. Bake on a cookie sheet with nonstick foil or parchment paper to prevent sticking. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and hard. (Or until Lula is about to bust through the oven door to sample one!). They will harden a bit upon sitting.
Store in air tight container. We store them in the refrigerator to increase shelf life and safe keeping – Lula hasn’t learned how to open fridge yet.
Enjoy! They are good for human consumption as well but I found them a bit bland. Next time, I am going to try a little more peanut butter and honey to give them a bit more flavor.